Thursday, September 17, 2015

Red Bearded Bee Eater of Fraser Hill


Red Bearded Bee-Eater that I used to see very often when I stayed in Jelai Highland Resort. Room 201 was the favorite amongst avid birdwatchers and I have seen this RB Bee-Eater perching on a tree branch just outside this room many years ago when Jelai was open to the public. That Resort has fallen into hard times, a white elephant in Fraser Hill for the past few years. Am glad I saw this Bee-Eater in Fraser Hill when I was there in July 2015. I heard it calling when I was walking along the Old Gap Road towards the Fraser Hill Gate Entrance. This RB Bee-Eater has a very unusual call. It sounds like a frog croaking.....well more of a frog with a bad sore throat, croaking.   

1 comment:

  1. Smokehouse in Fraser Hill has good afternoon tea. Apple Pie, Scones and tea were not bad. Nice to eat Apple Pie and drink tea in cool weather.

    ReplyDelete

Brickbats and Bouquets welcomed but not Internet trolls

Tropicbird versus Frigatebirds